What makes Living Metta different from other bodywork and lifestyle classes?
Anyone can focus on their breathing in a yoga class or at an ashram. We want to help you be able to tap into your breath during red lights, when your kids are screaming, or when you’re in a high-stress meeting in a boardroom. We want to help you be able to center and balance yourself while being human.
What is a Metta Monthly?
Metta Monthly is a monthly 2-hour online meetup, discussing a new topic each month. This is a chance and opportunity to meet live, virtually, with Heath and Nicole, and the rest of the Living Metta community!
What are Seasonal At-Home Retreats?
These live sessions are virtually led by Heath and Nicole, and are completed once per quarter. These cover many topics ranging from QiGong related to the season, breathing practices, seasonal food preparation, and more.
How do I access all the Metta Community goodies?
We offer a comprehensive membership portal that gives you access to all of the offerings your tier includes. For Pro level subscribers, that includes the CE (Continuing Education) credits as well. Our membership portal is also where you’ll find the zoom links for our live events, like Metta Monthly.
I’ve never taken a webinar or course online before. How does it work?
- Our webinars are live classes you can attend from anywhere you have internet access. Most participants use a larger digital screen (like on a desktop monitor or laptop) so they can see the demonstrations and slides better, but you could use any wifi capable device, like a tablet or even your phone to participate. Once you register, you will be given instructions for creating a unique access code through our webinar platform, “Zoom”. You’ll then use this unique access code to join in live for the scheduled webinar.
- During the live webinar, we review the topic matter from a scientific perspective with a slideshow and lecture and balance that with plenty of application and practice time. Following the live course, you’ll receive access to a recording of the entire live webinar for lifetime review, as well as your CE certificate (this occurs within 5-7 business days following the live course).
Do I have to be a yoga instructor or have yoga experience to take part in any of the on-demand videos, webinars, classes, etc?
- We work hard and are intentional about all people of all ability and experience levels being able to experience our content. It’s really important for us that you feel comfortable, whether this is your first yoga class or your hundredth. Everyone is welcome at Living Metta.
Do I need to have any experience as a massage therapist to take advantage of the touch therapy videos and classes?
There is no professional massage experience needed to be able to take advantage of our videos and classes on massage therapy. We utilize simple and effective techniques that you can use whether or not you’re a Licensed Massage Therapist.
Are touch therapies something I can do with/for myself or will I need a partner for that content?
- You can complete the touch therapy sessions and protocols with yourself! You can also do them with/for a partner if you choose, but it’s not necessary.
- For the continuing education (CE) credits for LMTs (Licensed Massage Therapists), we recommend having someone on your table on whom you can practice as you learn.
What does your meditation instruction look like? Is it guided?
- Most of our meditations are guided, with an emphasis on an active practice portion.
What is Medical QiGong, and how is that different from “normal” QiGong?
Medical QiGong is oriented toward resolving specific challenges in the body, like a sore shoulder or carpal tunnel. Medical QiGong is a therapeutic intervention meant to support something misaligned or dis-eased in the body. This is in contrast to non-medical QiGong, which focuses on overall wellbeing and the entire body being in balance. Through both medical and overall QiGong, we use specific movements, breathing, and focus practices to bring our body into harmony with nature.
How does QiGong work?
QiGong is an energetic and movement based healing modality that uses the body’s meridian system. The meridian system is a scientifically validated network that can be enhanced and upgraded with intentional interventions. Meridians connect organs to your flesh. By moving in certain, specific ways, we can help the body become more efficient and balanced, the mind clearer, and the heart calmer.
Are breathwork classes part of content?
We offer breathwork in metta monthly events and we also have standalone breathwork classes.
Do you offer yoga teacher training?
Not at this time.
The Essentials Plan
All Access 50+ Hours of Self Care & Touch Therapies VOD. New Videos Are Added Monthly for only $6.99/month. See full details.
Metta Community Plan
Entire Home Study Library (no CEs included), 10% Discount on Upcoming CE Webinars, Webinar Library, Seasonal At-Home Retreats, Monthly Live Meet-ups with Heath and Nicole, and All Access 50+ Videos On Demand for $9.99/month or $99/annual. Free 30-Day Trial included. See full details.
Metta Community Pro Plan
MTs and RYIs earn up to 32 CEs from Home Study Library, 20% Discount on Upcoming CE Webinars, Webinar Library, Seasonal At-Home Retreats, Monthly Live Meet-ups with Heath and Nicole, and All Access 50+ Videos On Demand for $24.99/month or $199/annual (the monthly option requires a 6-month commitment). See full details.
Can I cancel anytime?
No commitment for any tiers other than our Pro Tier, which requires a 6 month investment.